16.2.09

bow & curtsey

So lemme lay this out for ya... I ain't no photographer and I ain't no chef, but I do love both. I live in crummy New York City, itchin' to move to Pittsburgh where I'll go to culinary school and become an Iron Chef when I'm 40. Nah, I just wanna have a cute eatery called Mamabear some day. That's my life dream, and I didn't know this until nearly six months ago. Ya know... I was wasting my time being a teenager, then that triumphant thing happened. I was taking a nap, as us feisty teens do, and well landed my dream job. There I started in a private pastry kitchen in downtown Brooklyn making petit fours. This was sort of out of my element since I mostly baked cupcakes and the occasional cookie in "home" kitchens. I don't think I even knew what a petit four was. So blah blah blah... A week into this job I learn how to make caramel, marshmallow, pipe beautifully, so on and so forth. I fell hopelessly in love. I mean I knew I loved to bake and cook, but this passion started like a wild fire! Badda bing, badda boom... here I am! Nearly 19, bakin' like hell, cookin' like heaven, givin' the interwebz a little taste. Bon appetite!

Here's a little shmorgusborg of old photos:
cupcake1 100_3368
100_3226 100_2386
Photo 219

2 comments:

  1. And this is just your beginning : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing the Bunny cake and cupcakes on my porch!!

    Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Blog Counter