18.2.09

goat cheese, tomato, banilla

goat cheese tomato penni w/ gratin

This was easily one of the tastiest meals I've recently whipped up in my boy's kitchen in Ohio. It was a simple penne (with lines) pasta dish, topped with home-made stewed tomatoes, and a cauliflower/ broccoli gratin... and of course, french bread!

For the tomatoes (this was for only three starving people):
however many PLUM tomatoes you feel you need (I'd say at least 10 or so)
fresh herbs (I used thyme and basil)
garlic
1 1/2 cup of olive oil
salt/ pepper
& whatever else you want

- boil tomatoes until skin pops/ peal/ de-core them (I cut off top and bottom, slice almost to the core long ways, lay on side, roll as you cut into it with knife.. ya get?)/ slice up to whatever size (I like mine chunky)
- in a separate pan: season oil until hot with basil, thyme, and etc.
- once tomatoes are chopped and oil is hot; throw oil over tomatoes and cook on low/med. heat for an hour or so.
- plate pasta, throw tomatoes over top, and drizzle seasoned oil. top with goat cheese.

so it was easy as that... i highly suggest using the rest of the oil for dipping the bread in!

Cauliflower/broccoli gratin:
one head of cauliflower
one head of broccoli
12 oz. goat cheese
2 cloves fresh garlic (sliced thin)
fresh thyme
3 tbsp milk
1/2 cup bread crumbs

- preheat oven to 450 degrees
- steam cauliflower and broccoli until only slightly cooked
- combine goat cheese + thyme + fresh garlic + milk in food processor until creamy
- once cauliflower and broccoli is steamed, drain, and place in a baking dish.
- spread goat cheese over top + sprinkle bread crumbs
- bake covered for twenty minutes/ remove cover/ bake for five minutes



& you've got yourself a delicious dinner.

For dessert one night I also made banilla yogurt cupcakes with a fresh blueberry swiss meringue buttercream. I can't remember what recipe I used for the cupcakes for the life of me. But and always... I made the same buttercream as featured in the previous post. Except this time I had the ingenious idea to paddle in fresh blueberries!!! So tasty. Do it, I dare ya.

banilla w/ blueberry buttercream

1 comment:

 

Free Blog Counter